The Pub With No Beer Brewery put on a huge celebration for all the family on Australia Day, Thursday 26 January, complete with Aussie beer, food and music. Throughout the day the Brewery served up big Aussie beers (Murray’s-brand beers, of course), a big Aussie barbecue (plus free lamingtons – what else would you have on Australia Day?) and a FREE concert under the Beer Tent with Aussie rock legend, Brian Cadd.
There were plenty of activities for the kids, including a Gladiators game, face painting and Australian flag washable tattoos. There were also be plenty of activities for adults – including an Aussie thong-throwing competition… and the chance to win 20 litres of Murray’s Beer.
“What better way to celebrate Australia Day at what is a quintessential Aussie icon!” says Murray Howe, owner of The Pub With No Beer Brewery. “We planned a great day for all the family.
“And for the beer lovers, it was an ideal time to try one our three unique, Murray’s-brand handcrafted beers – already proving very popular amongst locals and visitors!”
Year-round, The Pub With No Beer Brewery offers the ultimate craft beer experience, integrating its 100% Australian owned handcrafted Murray’s-brand beer with food, entertainment, beer education, brewery tours and merchandise. The first three handcrafted beers from Murray’s Brewing Co., which debuted on New Year’s Eve, have proven big hits among locals and visitors to The Brewery. The Pale Ale, in particular, has been so popular that reserves have almost been exhausted.
Onsite-brewed beer presently being served on tap at The Pub With No Beer Brewery includes Murray’s Nirvana Pale Ale, Murray’s Sunrise Wheat Beer, and Murray’s Swinging Arm Dark Ale. More varieties will emerge throughout the year.
The Australia Day family day opened from 10am until late:
- 10am - open
- 11am till 2pm – FREE kids activities including Gladiators game (for children aged seven and above) and face painting;
- midday – Brewery tour
- midday – Restaurant opens with special Australia Day BBQ menu
- 1pm – Thong-throwing competition
- 2pm – FREE concert
- 3pm – FREE concert with Aussie rock legend, Brian Cadd. [Brian has enjoyed a huge career as a solo and group performer (“The Groop”, “Axiom”, “Bootleg Family”) in the ‘60s, ‘70s and ‘80s, before focusing on songwriting for other renowned artists including Ringo Starr, Pointer Sisters, John Farnham, Joe Cocker, Bonnie Tyler, Little River Band and more.
- 3pm – Draw winner of “Win 20 Litres of Murray’s Beer” competition. It’s not too late to enter. Simply fill out a form at The Pub With No Beer Brewery and submit it before 3pm on Australia Day!
- Late - close